Tuesday, February 22, 2005

A Business-Like Environment.



I absolutely love the environment. I'm all for saving it. I've always been a harsh critic, however, of environmental groups. I've always felt like many have become self serving lobbying groups operating under the guise of "we're working in the public interest." I came across a fascinating set of articles written by Tom Knudson, a Pulitzer prize winning journalist with the Sacramento Bee. In this series, Knudson exposes the "big business" approach that has taken hold of the environmental movement. Although these articles were written in 2001, they largely ring true today.

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie D. said...

Thanks for dropping by my place. I'll be sure to drop by again ... now that our mutual admiration of thc has brought us to each other's attention!

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I noticed that a there have been some industry groups taking decietiful names and running adds supporting various policies. Americans for Clear Skys or other bullshit.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Vavoom said...

julie: Your participation is greatly appreciated!
anonymous: Great point! Yes, the public often takes such organizations at face value. Polluters will most certainly take advantage of this fact.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home