Monday, March 28, 2005

Guess Who's Got My Info?


I just received the following e-mail from the graduate division at Berkeley:

"Dear Graduate Student:

I am writing to advise you that a computer in the Graduate Division at UC Berkeley was stolen by an as-yet unidentified individual on March 11, 2005. The computer contained data files with names and Social Security numbers of some individuals, including you, who applied to be or who were graduate students, or were otherwise affiliated with the University of California."

Oh fantastic. The e-mail goes on to claim that they don't think that anybody's using the info on that computer.

YOU DUMBASSES!!! Over 98,000 grad students, past and present, now have all of their personal info in the hands of some crack smoking crook. Jesus F. Christ...

7 Comments:

Blogger mindful said...

Man, that sucks. Let's hope the damage is as limited as possible. I wonder if they are liable for problems with your credit rating due to this incident?

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got the same email today. The proper response is not Jesus F. Christ, it's Jesus H. Christ. I don't know why, because Jesus F. Christ actually has meaning.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Vavoom said...

I use Jesus F. Christ intentionally... I mean hey, if I'm gonna use his name in vain I might as well bring meaning to it.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Vavoom said...

mindful: They'd better be liable. Bastards...

10:58 PM  
Blogger thc said...

They took their sweet time letting you know about it.

12:10 AM  
Blogger Vavoom said...

It's completely unacceptable that they'd put such sensitive information on a laptop. What the hell were they thinking?

5:24 PM  
Blogger Merry Stitcher said...

They weren't thinking.....what in the hell were they doing?

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home