Sunday, March 06, 2005

How Soon We Forget.



How many out there forgot all about the nut that was mailing anthrax to government officials shortly after 9/11? I hear nothing about the investigation these days. How close or far away are we from catching the son of a bitch that was sending that crap out in the mail? Why isn't this story being covered by CNN, Fox, ABC, NBC, CBS etc... ? Is it no longer "fashionable" to report about this story?

Biological terrorism is scary. Absent media coverage, I'm afraid that a suitable amount of pressure won't be placed on authorities. They are charged with the responsibility of elucidating the identity of the perpetrator. Anyone disgusting enough to send toxic microbial agents by mail needs to removed from our society immediately. If the authorities cannot do so then they must face public scrutiny.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jimbobb2 said...

Excellent point! My recall is fuzzy at best but wasn't there a "person of interest" who was probably the one but no real evidence to pin him down? I took a lot of "CBR" (Chemical, Biological, Radiologic) warfare training in the military and I promise you, you are so correct...the biologics are so very frightening. The thought of an Ebola-like virus scares me to death, much more than most any other way of dying I can imagine.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Vavoom said...

Jim, you're so right. It's so difficult to craft a biological attack, but if done properly, oh mama... It's the ultimate in terror. Being blown up is one thing, it happens fast. Bleeding out of every orifice is slow and painful. This guy had the know how and I'd like to know how he knows and what the hell his motivation is.

Most importantly, I just want to see people like him locked up for eternity. The media is dropping the ball on this one.

10:08 PM  
Anonymous little john said...

If I recall correctly the authorities were looking at a government lab employee. His name was leaked, the proof wasn't there and he sued. But, there have been no more attacks of that variety so maybe the scrutiny of this person was on target. Your bigger general point, like JB2 says, is scary. The novelist, and superhawk, Mark Helprin has addressed this issue many times and calls for an all out government effort to provide vaccines, etc.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Vavoom said...

I'm not so sure if he was the guy. I'm a bit of a biologist myself. It's virtually impossible to culture anthrax spores without leaving a hell of a paper and scientifc "wet" trail behind you. I just wish the media would provide more info...

10:55 PM  
Anonymous sammy bodean said...

Oh, the media provided plenty of details. FOX had it nailed as Islamic terrorists, just like the DC sniper.

10:34 PM  
Anonymous little john said...

I don't know much about FOX except that liberals hate it and liberals seem to watch it all the time since they know everything FOX has ever broadcasted.

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home