Sunday, March 20, 2005

I Need More Space.


As a kid, I used to gaze at the stars. My father, a satellite engineer, used to teach me about the constellations and how rockets worked. You can understand why I was elated back in January of last year when President Bush indicated his interest in sending a man to Mars. It sounds like that was nothing more than grandstanding by our fearless leader. I haven't seen any new initiatives or increased funding on said projects. (Maybe I've missed them, a little help!) I don't even hear the media talking about it. Sigh.

Anyways, there are also plenty of other ways we can explore the universe around us. I was cruising around the website for the James Clerk Maxwell Telescope. It's the world's largest astronomical telescope. Wanna learn more about this amazing instrument? Go here.

UPDATE: I just read a great article that I picked off of fark.com. It details why we should colonize the moon before we head off to mars. Check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home