Sunday, March 27, 2005

A Nice Sunday Read.


Like most of you, I read voraciously. Which is why I think Project Gutenberg is a fantastic find. (Thanks mindful!) Michael Hart, the founder of this group has worked diligently since 1971 to bring older texts to electronic form. Currently Project Gutenberg has 15,000 books online, all of which may be downloaded freely. Wanna read Ulysses by James Joyce? They've got it. Wanna read The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes? They've got it. The copyright for all of these texts has lapsed, so you're not breaking a single law by downloading and reading them.

This online repository is proof that sensible intellectual property practices can yield fantastic results on the internet.

5 Comments:

Blogger theguest said...

Yes, I've seens this site, it's quite amazing. There are literally too many texts to read!

I download them and put on my Palmpilot to read. Who needs to buy books anymore!

5:41 PM  
Blogger Vavoom said...

theguest: It's amazing... there's even modern books on their list. I guess that makes you a palm reader. (Oh man, that was cheesy even by my standards)

8:13 PM  
Anonymous little john said...

V- I had no idea. Cool. Thanks for the heads up.

9:28 PM  
Blogger mindful said...

Agreed. Project Gutenberg is a mind-blowing resource.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Vavoom said...

mindful: Thanks for giving me the heads up on Proj. Gutenberg. You rock.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home