Monday, April 18, 2005

Ahh Tilden Park.


Nestled up in the Berkeley hills is Tilden Park. A fantastic place to come spend time, if you're ever in the area. (Tilden is a regional park -- no price for admissions!) Tilden has a few small lakes, is a good place to take the kids and overall an amazing place to go hiking or mountain biking. We recently spent some quality time out there. Thought I'd share the experience.

We first stopped off at the petting zoo to feed some lovely animals. Here I'm giving a cow and goat some grub. Also check out this jive turkey.



Next we hiked over to Jewel Lake. A small, but pretty body of water. There were some bratty kids hanging out there so we moved on quickly.

Up next is Lake Anza. It's a pretty laid back place and my favorite spot in the park. Lots of places to sit and think.

We also made it up to the steam trains. Yes, they have a miniature steam train that carries parents and children around the park. They even have a carousel at this park.


To add to the attractions, I saw Fields Medalist Richard Borchards riding around with his daughter. You'll recall that the Fields Medal is the Nobel Prize equivalent in the field of mathematics. They only give this prize out once every four years and the recipient has to be young to get it. Go Richard, Go!

Finally, an aerial view of the bay area. Not the best photo... Sorry, I tried my best.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just up there myself this weekend. I went to a wedding reception at the Brazil room. Very nice setting. It sort of overlooks a valley in the park and would be perfect if there was not what look like a cell phone tower on one of the hills.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Unadulterated Underdog said...

Sounds like a nice park. I might have to stop there sometime as I love to travel very much. I appreciate your visit to my site! Stop by anytime! Cheers!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Joann said...

I love the train.

7:42 PM  
Blogger boabhan sith said...

The lake looked beautiful!
Damn, I'm jealous!

9:28 PM  
Anonymous PhatPharma said...

My 2 year old son would love that train! He rides the trains at Travel Town in Griffith Park and also at Balboa Park in San Diego. They are popular among two year olds in many cities. One more reason for a return visit to the East Bay.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Fei said...

I'll be stopping in San Fran. in mid-june. Any places you recommend checking out?

11:06 AM  
Blogger Fei said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Fei said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Vavoom said...

Fei: There so much to do here I wouldn't do it justice with one post. A good resource is www.sfgate.com

4:19 PM  
Blogger | rc | said...

Wow that's looks so nice, I have to go back up there again! I'll check out that website you gave.

Nice pictures BTW.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Tex said...

THanks for showing your area! Been wanting to see it. Don't cut yourself short, the Bay photo looks good, shows us what its like.
Thanks

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home