Wednesday, April 20, 2005

High Anxiety.

I'm one of those guys that worries. You know-- about important things, stupid things, pretty much anything. I find myself playing chess in every situation, always trying to anticipate the next move. Here's my version of hell: I send someone an important e-mail. I'll check my damn inbox 5,000 times a day, looking for a response. I'd continue to do that forever and ever in eternal anxious damnation.

Now that you know my version of hell (based on my ultimate character flaw), what'd be your version of hell?

4 Comments:

Blogger Z said...

Some granola woman who says "thank you" in a really high pitched voice to every feeble clap after each one of her 20 inane, folsky, they're-so-acoutstic-they're-scary songs. Just me? I guess you had to be there.

12:15 AM  
Anonymous little john said...

A travelling salesman. Isee these vendor reps who are away from home two weeks out of the month and I wonder how they do it. Airports, Embassy Suites, bad food. Having to take clients out for drinks. Away from family and children. And it's not like they are in Paris, Rome or London. More like Omaha, Fort Worth, and Toledo. (Those places aren't bad, just not attractive tourist destinations.)

2:36 PM  
Blogger dahvid said...

hell = spending a year working on a dissertation, only to be marked 'fail'. *biting nails*

11:51 PM  
Blogger Rattie said...

dahvid and I share the same hell!!

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home