Sunday, April 24, 2005

My Russian Friends.


We spent the day at the Russian River yesterday hanging out with Paul (pictured above) and Merry from the Happy Capitalist and The Merry Stitcher, respectively. We'd never been out to the Russian River and thoroughly enjoyed the trip. Paul and Mary are good friends and it'll be hard to say goodbye to them when we leave for Boston.

There's something about spending time with good friends. Despite being surrounded by natural beauty, I was most in awe of our friends and their companionship. Perhaps Ralph Waldo Emerson said it best, "A friend may well be reckoned the masterpiece of nature."

10 Comments:

Blogger mindful said...

Good friends are a great joy. I'm sure you'll make lots of new good friends in Boston, vavoom.

4:31 PM  
Blogger An80sNut said...

Great photos! And it's good that you got to spend some quality time with your friends. Heck, if you are going to Boston... I'd check in with Lily at http://lilymckinnon.blogspot.com/.

5:41 PM  
Blogger thc said...

I'm touched by your wonderful post. We feel the same way.

7:19 PM  
Blogger dahvid said...

i suppose friendships are great because you can't buy them; rather, you've got to earn and nourish them.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Raine said...

The Russian River looks beautiful.

If a friend is a masterpiece of nature, it's because you (and your friend) did the work to create such a friendship. :-)

11:28 PM  
Blogger Merry Stitcher said...

You're leaving????????????????

Thanks for the great day!

Mary

12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You never take me to the russian river. I never even got my trip to the marina.

12:41 AM  
Blogger Vavoom said...

All: Thanks for the great comments.
anonymous: How can I take you anywhere if I don't know who you are?

1:34 AM  
Blogger FJ said...

You've got some nice scenery there, and nice scenery always looks better still when you are there with friends.
I'm glad you had a good time!

7:06 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Sounds like a wonderful visit.
Wonderful photos you took.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home