Friday, April 29, 2005

Strike a Pose.


I'm a curious person. Everytime I see a cheesy mannequin I wonder, "Who the hell made that thing and how do they do it?" It turns out there is a considerable amount of art and manufacturing that goes into the production of a mannequin. Check it out here.

Interested in a robotic mannequin? Read
here. Robotic mannequins scare the crap out of me. Allegedly, companies are working on ways to make mannequins capable of recording your age and buying habits for marketing reasons. With video cameras installed in mannequins you'll no longer be able to take them into the change room with you with any feeling of privacy. Like I keep saying, they're always trying to take away my privacy. Sheesh...

9 Comments:

Blogger FantasticAlice said...

Sooo.. If you are really voyeristic and want someone to watch, you could take the mannequin into a dressing room...

Kinky Kinky

2:27 PM  
Blogger RT said...

Well, you can always blindfold the mannequin... ?

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The mannequin was asking for it. Look at how hard its nipples are. Like plaster I tell you.

2:44 PM  
Blogger dreadcow said...

Mannequins freak me out.

The way their eyes stare into the nothingness that surrounds them, it gives them strange and mysterious feeling about them.

Kinda like clowns.

I hate clowns.

6:51 PM  
Blogger An80sNut said...

Just wait until they make them look more realistic and place them in bars as ways to catch cheating spouses. It might be great for voyeurism but I dunno... it gives me bad flashbacks to the movie with Andrew McCarthy and Kim Cattral as well as the really bad sequel.

7:13 PM  
Blogger RT said...

And the Oompa Loompas!

I'd rather go up against an animatronic mannequin than an Oompa Loompa any day!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I loved the movie Mannequin! Just the first one though. Those one's on your picture I think are gonna give me nightmares. She's looking at me all gangster lean and giving me the crooked eye. Why the fuck would they want mannequins real at all or robotic?! Sonofabitch, they can't just leave stuff alone! Sheesh!

10:57 PM  
Blogger Hoagie1 said...

Creepy.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Vavoom said...

How about we make a movie where I fall in love with a robotic mannequin shaped like an Oompa Loompa? If you aren't all scared by now, you should be. We could call it Mannequin 3: Vavoom's Revenge.

2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home