Friday, May 13, 2005

Roasted.


Well, I spent the entire day with my father and brother at Newport Beach yesterday. I had a great time. Hey, check the time of this post. Looks late, right? Guess what? I am massively sunburned. Yup, I'm completely roasted. I got carried away in the water, forgot to reapply, etc...

You all know that, as a result of my freakish sleeping disorder, I get ~4 hours of sleep a night. Seeing that I can't sleep when my skin feels normal, what the hell do I do when it feels like its been doused in gasoline and set aflame? I'm not sure how or if I'll sleep tonight. Woe is Vavoom.

God do I need some soothing aloe. My kingdom for a smidgen of aloe...

10 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Ouch! Get something for the sunburn soon.

7:07 AM  
Blogger dreadcow said...

Aloe and a fan. And lots of it.

I got sunburned yesterday working in the motorpool. I'm not used to having 85 degrees and sunny in May. Don't know how I'm gunna survive the heat in Iraq!

7:38 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Whenever I have a sunburn that bad aloe, a fan, and not allowing any clothes to touch my skin anywhere are the only things that make it bearable. Thanks for the nice comments!

7:55 AM  
Blogger thc said...

Wow! It must be the Tylenol and Sudafed I'm taking for this awful cold because I thought today was Thursday.

Anyway, with my fair skin and blonde hair you just know that sunburn has been part of my life always. I feel your pain, brother!

9:49 AM  
Blogger FantasticAlice said...

I know this sounds really dumb... but it works.

I am an irish girl, which means extrememly fair skinned. I was taught to rub toothpaste on the worst spots and sure enough it works.

Granted you smell like a damned peppermint, and you look pasty, but the shit really and truely works.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I'll have to remember the toothpaste trick. I burn all summer long.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Hoagie1 said...

I heard sour cream works to get rid of sunburn pain.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Raine said...

If it's really bad, sometimes a bag of ice will bring relief. I always dreaded the peeling skin afterwords.

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not re-applying will get you everytime! The ozone layer isn't what it used to be...say 20 years ago. That is very sad for mankind.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I don't burn, I just tan. As if I'm not dark enough. One time at the lake, all the girls put on sun tan lotion and me sun block. Can you guess who the only left with a tan was? Your truly.

Tell Mrs. Vavoom to rub you down with some Aloe. And the fan thing too.

3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home