Sunday, May 15, 2005

Summing Up.

I return to Berkeley today. The past week has been the most therapeutic vacation I've ever taken. I've been on so many trips, looking for inner peace. I've tried surfing the north shore, hiking through Yosemite, traveling through the Mexican countryside... you name it. Who'd have thought I'd find peace of mind in the confines of my parent's home?

I feel calm, collected and ready to hit it hard when I get back. As I look back at this week's blog entries, I can't help but feel like they all read like a bad self help book. Forget about Anthony Robbins, Stephen Covey, Zig Ziglar and the rest. All I really needed was perspective. Now I've got it.

Get ready, get set, here comes Vavoom!

10 Comments:

Blogger A Fashionista said...

Whatever it takes Vavoom. Whatever it takes.
Cheers to you man.

11:12 AM  
Blogger SheaNC said...

Welcome home. I can feel the powerful vibrations emanating from Berkley already... or is that an earthquake? :)

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait for you to come home! Mrs. V

1:04 PM  
Blogger Mentally Challenged said...

Vavoom:

Glad to hear your feeling calm and
collected. Visting your site over the last several days has put me in the same state.

You have a great site for, among other
things, people who need a good rest from the world sometimes.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Davydgrey said...

I've always viewed vacations as a time to recharge my batteries; I think thats why I hate vacation trips where people try to cram everything into a one week blitz. Glad to hear that your vacations went well.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Raine said...

I envy you! I need some perspective--in the form of a vacation--but won't have one for a long time yet.

Glad all went well. :-)

1:04 AM  
Blogger dahvid said...

i think...i need...a...break...too *snap!*

3:22 AM  
Blogger Fei said...

The Waste Land
by T. S. Eliot

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah. Hit it hard, Vavoom!

10:49 AM  
Blogger An80sNut said...

I think you definitely needed the break. Here is to attacking life with renewed vigor and a fresh outlook!

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home