Monday, June 13, 2005

A Nice Night Out.

Having finished my experiment yesterday (no, no good results). I went to dinner with a good friend. We decided to go for an extra fancy dinner at Taco Bell. We had our food and set out to the Marina to eat our meal. As we drove down University Avenue, I saw two people trying to change the tire on their car. My friend said, "Hey, I think there are two girls back there trying to change a tire." I responded, "I thought one of them was a guy. Are you sure it's two girls?"

I turned my car around to get a second look. My friend was right. Two young girls trying to change a tire. I pulled my truck up behind them and thought, "If I were these two girls, I'd be pretty scared of two guys pulling up in a beat up pickup truck."

"Do you guys need a hand?"

"Yeah, we're stuck."


I wish I could say that my friend and I changed the tire in Nascar fashion. No, it took us a few minutes to figure out where to put the jack, etc. We lifted the car and figured it'd be a few quick minutes before the new tire was on. I placed the tire iron on the first lug nut and "Eaaarrrrhhhhhhgghh." It wouldn't come off. No matter how much I tried, I couldn't get that damn lug nut off. This is one of those situations where the word hernia comes to mind. I looked up at the girl and asked, "Say, did your dad put these on?" "Yeah, he's a mechanic," she responded.

While I struggled with the lug nut I started thinking "Man, this girl's dad must have arms like tree trunks. I hope he doesn't show up." You know how protective fathers are of their daughters and, well, my friend and I are the type that are easily beaten up. Not that we were doing anything wrong, but anybody with enough power to crank on a lug nut like this could surely pound us.
Finally, my friend and I both grabbed the tire iron. We pulled with all of our might and got the first lug nut off. "God, I really hope her dad doesn't show up and beat our ass," I kept thinking. We quickly swapped out the tire and were on our way.

Most of you probably hate Taco Bell. Let me tell you, that was the most delicious Chalupa I've ever eaten. Doing good deeds is so gratifying.

13 Comments:

Blogger boabhan sith said...

LOL...

They girls didn't show their graditude?

Damn...

I love Taco Bell!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Taco Bell...the breakfast of champions. Gotta love it.

Pat on the back to you for helping someone in trouble. Where are people like you when my car breaks down? Do I get two nice helpful people to help me? No, I get swerving, honking jackasses yelling move it...maybe dumbasses is a better word.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

That was nice of you and your friend. Perhaps the girls dad should tell her about AAA.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Moose said...

Good on you Vavoom. I'm sure they appreciated it, and their dad did too. He wasn't called out of the house!

6:47 PM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Kind acts are great gifts!

And I love Taco Bell, but am afraid of experiments! My husband, on the other hand, loves them!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Danilo da Silva said...

if you got that strengh from eating a challupa, imagine what would come out of a burrito...

Nice work though, helped out one in need! Well done!

8:44 PM  
Blogger thc said...

I'm a No. 1 kind of guy--Burrito Supreme and a Taco Supreme along with a large icey beverage.

Who was this other friend? Huh?

8:57 PM  
Blogger Raine said...

I love Taco Bell, but their stuff is loaded in fat.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I hadn't ate at Taco Bell in forever. And now they have Taco Bell/Pizza Hut and at one location Taco Bell/Pizza Hut/Churches Chicken, so I always end up with pizza.

Anyhow, I finally ordered off the Taco Bell menue, a Mexican Pizza the other night before my son and I went to watch a movie. We were to eat in the parking lot of the theater. Well, they forgot to give me a damn spork! A Mexican Pizza is not to be eaten like a regular pizza. It was bitch. I was a little tiffed.

Next time I'm getting my damn Pizza Hut. But Taco Bell is oh so yummy.

K, I'm not done yet.

One time I was at the drive-through at McDonald's (you can tell I eat heatlthy) and the car in front of me died out. It was some guy of another decent, who didn't speak English too well. How do I know this? Because he was trying ever so hard to push his car and it wasn't budging. It was about 4am (lunch) and there was nobody else out. I finally got out of my car, locked it and started to push. He tells me to get in and steer and he'll push from behind, but I said, "no, you get in and steer, I'll push from behind." Which we did. I love old cars. Especially them '79 TransAm's, but sonofabitch, I never wanna push one of those again. We got him to the gas station right next door and I was off on my merry way.

Vavoom, we're both good citizen's.

3:42 AM  
Blogger RT said...

Kudos to you for helping out with the vroom vroom, Vavoom!

People are so skittish nowadays, and I guess they may have good reasons to be, but I've had people help me out and I've helped others out with car problems so many times that it's almost second nature.

What amazes me is that a civilian will stop to help ya out faster than a cop will. You would think that knowing the dangers, they would be more sympathetic to your plight.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Rattie said...

Awwww, and they say chivalry is dead.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I love Taco Bell and yes most people don't. More for us though.
Good for you for helping those girls out.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Merry Stitcher said...

Was your other friend Pat or Jeff? I'm with THC on the Taco Bell order....definitely #1.

You did a good deed, V.

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home