Monday, July 04, 2005

The Fat Lady's Singing.

Dear 45 people,

It is 1 AM. I've been working virtually non-stop since 10 AM. I wanted to inform you that it is over.


You have lost.


One of you decided to try and screw me over by sabotaging my work. You made me angry. I spent nights trying to figure out how I was going to teach you a lesson, defeating you and a cache of 44 others.

Tonight I confirmed it. I found the way. I decided to be aggressive with my game plan. I chose a risky, yet elegant way to accomplish what seemed to be impossible. I found a more efficient and reliable way to do what 45 of you have struggled with. I am looking at the data now. Yup, it's over.


I'm not normally one to gloat, but this is one of my finest moments in science. I was outnumbered, given a slow start and I still did it.


It's unfortunate that I have to deliver this news to you on the 4th of July. I do hope it doesn't spoil your holiday. If it's any consolation, I'll thoroughly enjoy my 4th of July, fully aware that my hard work paid off.


Sincerely Yours,

Vavoom

8 Comments:

Blogger thc said...

Outstanding! Let's celebrate with a beer and a burger. Congratulations.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Lily said...

That'll do, Vavoom. That'll do. =)

Seriously though that is great, I'm glad to hear your hard work paid off.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Fred said...

Well done! I hope you'll give us a few insights on how you accomplished your victory.

Have a great 4th!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Moose said...

"There goes my hero, watch his as he goes."

10:53 AM  
Blogger The Disgruntled Chemist said...

Wow, what a great feeling!

Congratulations!

11:19 AM  
Blogger LoraLoo said...

This is me, cheering for you! Satisfaction of a job well done, and rubbing 45 noses in it. Doesn't get much better than that, does it?

11:35 AM  
Blogger An80sNut said...

Congrats for kicking butt and taking names! I was waiting to hear the outcome of this. B)

12:34 AM  
Blogger Woland said...

loraloo sait it... Nothing to add.
Congratulations!

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home