Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy 4th of July!

My family came to this country with exactly 50 dollars. This is such a fantastic country that 50 dollars and a good work ethic is really all you need to succeed. My parents came to live the American dream. They've done that. My Father often says that we owe this country everything we have. Indeed, this is the land of opportunity.

For those of you that are first generation Americans, you've witnessed the tranformative power of freedom and opportunity. It really is remarkable.

Happy 4th of July!

4 Comments:

Blogger Fred said...

It is indeed remarkable.

Old or new, we all have the opportunity to better ourselves. I'll never understand those who see it otherwise.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Moose said...

Happy 4th Vavoom.

10:15 PM  
Blogger A Fashionista said...

Hope it was a nice & noisy. It's so loud I thought I was in Baghdad for a sec. LOL
I'm a 4th gen-er spoiled little shit.

12:15 AM  
Blogger An80sNut said...

Happy Independence Day, Vavoom. B) I wonder how many people see it the same way you do. Let's hope they all do.

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home