Wednesday, July 27, 2005

One Last Walk.

I made my final trip to the Berkeley campus yesterday. Returned my keys, cleaned out my desk.

I walked across the beautiful campus, soaking in every last minute. I've been at my alma matter for so long. It made the trip a difficult one. Suddenly, things changed.

I don't know where it came from. The excitement.

As I walked, the anticipation built. I made every effort to deadpan, but I couldn't fight the ear to ear grin that painted itself across my face. I'm leaving, but strangely I'm happy. I've spent enough time lounging about this campus. Now it's time to go and whip some Fancypants butt. Boston is a phenomenal town and we're going to be a part of it. As readers and friends, you'll be right there with me. Vicariously speaking, you'll live the Boston experience and show Fancypants University what you're made of. I hope you'll all stick around for the ride.

Thank goodness, I thought this feeling would never come.

17 Comments:

Blogger techymike said...

Been lurking around your blog for a little while. Just wanted to say good luck with the move. Looking forward your musings in the future.
-Mike

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! I am coming right along! ;)

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Raine said...

Go get um, V! Wishing you an easy transition and an honest, hardworking moving company to help make it so. :-)

7:54 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

Hope the move goes well for you V.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I hope the move goes smoothly for you Vavoom. We will all be thinking of you.
You will do great at Fancypants! Kick some ass!
Keep us posted.

11:57 PM  
Blogger An80sNut said...

For some reason as you described your walk through the campus, I got a soundtrack running through my head saying "...and we'll do it our way, yes our way, making our dreams come true for me and you."

You will have to celebrate by spilling a Sam Adams beer at your new doorstep.

1:09 AM  
Blogger James d. said...

Go east young man!

Boston has a lot to offer, and it's got an interesting mix of incredibly old history and a ton of young people thanks to the 128,000 colleges. Makes for some real atmosphere.

2:57 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

Vavoom- I couldn't help but smile when I read this post. All I can say is finally! I am so glad to see you happy and excited about this great opportunity for you.

9:35 AM  
Anonymous little john said...

V, be careful. Can't wait to hear about Fancypants U.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

It'll be a great ride. I can hardly wait!

7:45 PM  
Anonymous PhatPharma said...

Vavoom. I'm deeply envious of those in Boston. I'll miss seeing you.

10:21 PM  
Blogger LoraLoo said...

I also got a big smile when I read this post. It's great to hear you're excited... now you know you're doing the right thing. Congrats! Hope the move goes well, can't wait to hear how the journey goes.

12:03 AM  
Blogger Joann said...

Will be nice to see photos of your new area.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Moose said...

It's an exciting world that lies ahead of us. Thanks for taking us there V.

8:46 PM  
Blogger dusty said...

I can not wait for your stories from beantown. I lived there for 5 years in the mid 70's and I loved it very much. Hope you too appreciate the city and the region :)

9:55 AM  
Blogger irishkeough said...

I'll miss you buddy. But you knew that already.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Rattie said...

Knock them out!! Best Wishes!!

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home