Sunday, July 24, 2005

Pack It In.

Okay, time is ticking and there is so much to pack. As I start packing I tend to hear a countdown in my head. We have 4 days till the movers come. As such, the countdown goes something like: 345,600... 345,559... Yes, I'm going nuts.

I've never been very good at packing. I often find myself stumbling across old pictures, homework assignments and letters that make me say, "Oh, I remember that..." Suddenly the room gets blurry and, wham, I'm reminiscing.

Yesterday it took me one hour to pack one box. I'm that bad at it. Also, I can never organize things properly into a box. My wife is able to pack a million things into one box in a split second. Each item is perfectly placed, like a jigsaw puzzle.

I'm started to get excited. Yes, I can't wait to get there.

7 Comments:

Blogger A Fashionista said...

Remember the Nike ad.....Just do it. I was such a basket case when I moved (a block away), I just grabbed things willy nilly and just walked them over without a box. Like clothes, shoes, objects d'art, lamps, garbage cans, ottomans etc. You name it. If I could carry it, I did it. 7 or 8 trips every day for 10 days. When the movers came all there was was heavy furniture. They made jack shitt (money wise) on me. LOL

1:57 PM  
Blogger dreadcow said...

We just started packing up for deployment... It's going to be a total bitch: the packing list is gunna change a million times and we have a ridiculous amount of gear we have to bring... 2 giant military duffel bags, one assault pack, one ruck sack, what you're wearing (includes body armor, weapon, helmet, etc.), and I have a laptop case on top of that. I bet we won't even need half the stuff we bring.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I hate packing.
When I first start, everything is organized and packed neatly with all the boxes labelled. But near the end I have things that don't go together and it all gets shoved in an unlabelled box.
But I like unpacking.

6:16 PM  
Blogger thc said...

I'm glad to see that you're starting to get excited. It really will be a great adventure.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

If only you could click your heels three times.

The Missus is the same way with a trunk. She's amazing.

11:05 PM  
Blogger dreadcow said...

Being in the Army has made me a master packer...

Hint for packing clothes: Fold the clothes, put them in a plastic bag. Now SIT on the plastic bag and then seal it. It's like a field expedient version of a vaccum sealing. Ha!

12:56 AM  
Blogger An80sNut said...

I tend to fall into that daydream state also. It's not a bad thing. It's just making it a short trip instead of a full experience.

When I started looking for the house that I'm in, I started filling boxes and lining them up against a wall in the living room. I'd pick up stuff for the new house and put it in the same area. After some time there was tons of stuff but I was shocked at how organized it was.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home