Thursday, September 22, 2005

Crash.

I came into lab this morning and saw the most lovely site. A huge piece of duct had fallen onto my optics bench. It looks like it landed on the lasers, bounced off and rested nicely onto the optics.

Apparently two workers (one of whom is a good guy) decided to take a look at the duct work above my setup. One of them leveraged himself against a piece of duct. Guess what? Well, you've already read the opener so you know what happened.

Prof. Bigshot hasn't shown up to work yet, but oh holy shit is there gonna be trouble. I've got to keep this short. I'm hoping the lasers and optics aren't damaged. If that's the case, then I'll simply fix everything and keep my mouth shut. Both of those workers are terrified they'll lose their job if Bigshot finds out.

10 Comments:

Blogger The Disgruntled Chemist said...

Wow, sounds like an expensive mistake. Those workers are right to fear for their jobs.

I hope your optics aren't damaged, but even if they're not they'll probably be pretty dirty. I don't envy you the cleanup job. I hope it's not as bad as it sounds.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

And they wanted to look at the duct work for what reason?

4:10 PM  
Blogger Vavoom said...

Yup, something's damaged. I can fix it myself, though (actually, I'm sure I can). Only two optics were damaged.

They were looking at the ducts because we needed to tie the exhaust from some of our equipment to them.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Davydgrey said...

How come I am having flashbacks of the movie Real Genius? When's the Winter Carnival?

7:05 PM  
Anonymous PhatPharma said...

The sky is falling! If not for bad luck you would have none. I'd think it were true if I didn't know Mrs. Vavoom! Professor Bigshot doesn't seem the type to let an honest mistake slide. Hopefully you can fix it and you don't end up blaming yourself for these dudes losing their jobs.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Moose said...

That does not sound like a fun day. I hope it gets better

9:24 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Keep us posted!

Do you think they should lose their jobs?

4:17 AM  
Blogger An80sNut said...

Don't worry, Jenn. Vavoom will save the day. Just sucks to get stressed over something you weren't involved with.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Vavoom said...

Nobody lost their job. Bigshot has no idea what happened and I've repaired both lasers. One of them was damaged, the other was out of alignment. Everything is good as new.

8:00 PM  
Blogger dusty said...

hurray!!! i was worried MR BS would once again be a dickhead..

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home