Monday, September 12, 2005

Fun, Fun, Fun.

I spent most of the weekend working. That means I watched college and pro football scores pour in over the internet. I busted my ass. There really is nothing more gratifying than getting things done, giving it your best. I walked home on Sunday, whistling, as happy as I've been in a while.

The funny thing is, nothing worked. Everything I did over the weekend failed. Not a single experiment worked. Still, I was so pleased with the effort. Often, scientists are saddened with null results. I for one am happy that I tried.

Here I am, early to work, continuing the good fight. I'll walk home today with my head held high, provided that I've dug in and done my best.

Do me a favor -- dig in today. Give it your all. Don't just be good, be great for the lavish sake. Be not upset if things don't work out. Just make sure that you can go home knowing you did everything you could today. Did you feel better when you came home?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES. SIR!

12:28 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I also came into work over the weekend. I worked really hard on a project that needed to be turned in early on Monday. When I came in, my boss still had criticisms, but think how much worse it could have been if I had not dedicated several hours of my Saturday to it. I fixed it in 15 minutes and was able to move on to something else, instead of taking hours and getting it to the client late.

12:46 PM  
Blogger RT said...

Butbutbut... It's my day off!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

I'll give it a shot tomorrow. In the spirit of your post, however, I'll drink this wine like I've never done before.

6:32 PM  
Blogger mis_nomer said...

And I will research the best place to get a steak tonight. I'm sure I'll feel better after I dig in.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Moose said...

I'll have to try tomorrow. Today I didn't even reach impulse.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Meow said...

I think jet lagged & just in from Turkey working from 10:30AM to 10:45PM fits me in that category.
I wasn't happy though. No one did my work and I wanted it out of my hair, so I stayed fucking exhausted that I was and am, I'm crashing. I did do a mighty fine job tho.

12:37 AM  
Blogger dusty said...

Vavoom..i am spending my day and night trying to raise money for the animals left behind in Katrinas wake..funny you should mention "doing your all" for something..this is my cause,its my goal to make everyone aware of the littlest victims of the hurricane that can least protect themselves..its a fine group that has been doing this work after diasters for quite sometime. If you like animals you could post the link..if not please leave up my post for others to see and perhaps help my tiny friends..thanks Vavoom, its not usual for me to pitch something on fellow bloggers sites..i apologize in advance if this offends you..

3:06 AM  
Blogger dusty said...

christ i forgot the link..sorry its: http://www.uan.org/

thanks again for your understanding.

3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home