Friday, September 23, 2005

Happy Birthday!

Today is my sister's birthday. She's the most wonderful person I've met. In a sense, she was like a second mother to me. While my mother worked diligently, it was my eldest sister that helped around the house, kept us in line and made sure all was in order. As should be apparent, she sacrificed so much to serve as a maternal safety net.

When I was in the depths of depression, it was she that sat beside me and made sure I realized everything would be alright. She is the paragon of industry and strength, a true reflection of our mother.

Happy birthday, my sister. I love you.

11 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

Happy Birthday V's sister.
Sounds like you have a great relationship with her.

5:15 PM  
Blogger An80sNut said...

Happy Birthday and thank you for helping keep this guy around. You've done the world a great service.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

Happy Birthday sis! Vavoom, you have such an awesome family. You are really blessed.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

Happy Birthday, Sis.

8:26 AM  
Blogger LoraLoo said...

I'm a day late... but Happy Birthday sister to Vavoom!! Hope it was a wonderful day.

8:32 AM  
Blogger thc said...

Happy birthday, S.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Meow said...

You're lucky. I don't have anyone like that now. Just the mother and grandmother. The wonderful aunt I have is in another state.
Make sure you buy her/or do something for her that's FINE.

2:46 PM  
Blogger RT said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:33 PM  
Blogger RT said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Vavoom's Sister!

10:35 PM  
Blogger dusty said...

I love that you recognize her for what she did for you as a child..

3:00 AM  
Blogger Moose said...

I'm a little late, so happy belated birthday V's sister. Good memories.

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home