Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Hot Blooded.

I woke up this morning with the following song stuck in my head: "Yeah, I'm hot-blooded, check it and see... I've got a fever of a hundred and three... C'mon baby can you do more than dance? I'm hot-blooded, I'm hot-blooded!"

The lyrics to this song don't feel so foreign. (Shamefully, that pun was intended) I have a pounding headache and a high fever to the tune of 102 degrees. Indeed, I'm hot-blooded. I'm also coughing up large whitish green chunks of God knows what. I've learned that severe coughing does wonders for a pounding headache.

Unfortunately, I've got to turn in a monster problem set and finish an experiment today. I really must get this work done. I figure I can "Rambo" my way through this. I just wanted, for the record, to share with all of you my tough guy, "I'm too stupid to rest when I'm sick" routine. You've got that right, I'm going to power my way through this crap.

It's not so bad, at least I can spend my day dizzy at work. That should be fun. I can pretend that I've taken my narcotic of choice. I'm a big fan of the surreal. Have you ever had that wierd, "I'm sick and everything feels surreal feeling?" Holy crap, I'm getting that feeling right now! Who'd a thunk blogging could feel surreal?

Anyways, I'm off to a lovely day packed with dizzy adventures and phlegmatic dreams.

7 Comments:

Blogger An80sNut said...

Fun. I love coughing up lung cookies. They are better with milk. Rest up and get better. And yeah, when I'm feeling sick my periphery has looked like everything from pastel to hazy.

11:03 AM  
Blogger LoraLoo said...

Lung cookies... ewwwww

Vavoom: feel better soon. Remember, you're of no use if you're stuck in a hospital bed with pneumonia.

I hate that fuzzy sick feeling. It makes me do dizzy things.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

I'm going to power my way through this crap.

Did you have diarrhea , too?

5:27 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

I was going to say, please tell me your not one of those people who go to work sick and then infect everyone else. But then I thought about how you and Q have been treated by these people and think would that really be so bad. Conculsion...No.

Feel Better V.

5:30 PM  
Blogger RT said...

OhYeAh, GoTtALoVeThOsEfEvErHiGhS!

I hope you get to feeling better soon, Vavoom! But InThEmEaNtImE, I hope you don't mind if ItEaZeYoU :D

7:45 PM  
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

Hi, just hopped over from Fred's blog...now I have the Foreigner 4 album on my mind mixed with pictures of goey slime. Thanks alot. Hope you get better soon.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Layla said...

Are you a macho man secretly desiring some motherly attention?

For some reason your post made me thing of "I feel like a number" by Bob Seger even though it is entirely unrelated...Weird.

I do hope you feel better and would make you some chicken soup if I knew how.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home