Thursday, October 20, 2005

You Make Me Sick.

I've been working on a bitch of an experiment since I arrived at Fancypants University. I'm pleased to report that I've finally got it working. I checked the data, it's all good. One would think such results warrant a slowdown in my schedule. Nope. In fact, now I have to step on it if I'm going to push my project through. There's talk of a solid publication, it's kind of a big deal.

In other news, I'm falling sick again. These virus monkeys, a.k.a. my coworkers have been spreading a terrible plague. I'm next, so it seems. I don't know why, but whenever I start getting sick I try and pull cheesy mind over matter crap. Here I am, sitting at my desk, pretending I'm Wayne Dyer, Anthony Robbins, Norman Vincent Peale and Zig Ziglar all wrapped into one -- "No, I'm not getting sick, this positive thinking is going to stop it. That's right, my immune system is unstoppable. In fact, I've never been sick before, yeah, yeah, that's right."

While I'm in denial, please send your care packages to:

Vavoom Q. Citizen
Department of Pseudoscience
Fancypants University
Anytown, MA 05321

I'll need loads of kleenex, orange juice, zinc lozenges and chicken soup. That's if I were getting sick... but we all know that I'm not going to get sick... yeah, yeah, that's right.

10 Comments:

Blogger FantasticAlice said...

I think I have whatever it is you got!

Vavoom, send all unneeded care packages to me!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Bar Bar A said...

This is classic!!!!

"I'm Wayne Dyer, Anthony Robbins, Norman Vincent Peale and Zig Ziglar all wrapped into one"

You're NOT getting sick. I will mail you some chicken soup just to enjoy...not cause your sick cause your not.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Hoagie1 said...

WHat field of work are you in?

9:16 PM  
Blogger mis_nomer said...

Take a break! I spent two days at home this week nursing a cold and I feel much better now. :)

9:27 PM  
Blogger Vavoom said...

Hoagie1: My work is rather interdisciplinary. Take a guess...

10:00 PM  
Blogger LoraLoo said...

I have a sneaking suspicion you never really got over whatever you had a couple of weeks ago... perhaps you should pay attention to your body. You work too hard, you rest too little. Your body is starting a revolution against you!

10:45 PM  
Blogger An80sNut said...

Yup, you need to see that doctor again. Could be another group session. I'm thinking that crack could help you get through it for awhile but coming off of it will be tough. Might be time for echinacea lozenges.

12:51 AM  
Blogger Camphor said...

Vavoom Q. Citizen
Department of Pseudoscience
Fancypants University
Anytown, MA 05321

Encl: Loads of care, and a few worries that slipped in without my noticing. One big grin for a friend.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

I agree with LoraLoo. Besides you are in a new place with new people, you were bound to get sick soon. Plus with the changing of the seasons (and climate for you)people do in fact get sick more.

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Sis said...

How fabulous, you got your project to go-woohoooo! I knew you could do it smarty pants. You really do make yourself sick with working so hard, and eating and sleeping so little. I promise if you take a multivitamin a day, it will make a big difference. Also, get a flu shot- take any advantage you can. You have too many amazing challenges to face.

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home