Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Hey, Superman!


You've all seen Superman II. You know, the one where Superman battles three super villains all dressed in black. It's one of my favorite movies. There's a scene in particular that always cracks me up. Ursa, the evil female super villain calls out, "Hey, Superman" and proceeds to launch a manhole cover into Superman's chest. Whatever the context, I always tried to fit that line into conversations I had with friends. Strange, I know, but it used to crack me up.

A few days ago, my close friend called me from Southern California. "Hey, I want you to hear something." The phone was fumbled a bit, then I heard it. His adorable 3 year old son got on the phone and said, "Hey, Superman!" I began laughing hysterically. My friend got back on the phone, "We thought you'd get a kick out of that."

It was a small gesture, but it made my night. It got me thinking, my friends are trying so hard. They're doing everything they can to help me through this rough patch. I'm lucky. They're all so busy and yet they're trying their best to make sure I know they're there for me. My family is doing likewise. My siblings call me daily, just to make sure I'm doing alright.

The saying goes, when one leg of a table is gone, it's the other three that keep it standing. I now realize how true that is.

7 Comments:

Blogger FantasticAlice said...

That is so cute! That would make anyones night... hope you start doing better Vavoom! We miss your high spirited energy!

5:53 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

Sounds like you've got more than three legs helping you. Keep up the positive outlook.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

3 year olds are so darn cute!
Glad to hear that friends and family are there for you. They are the best support network anyone can have.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Davydgrey said...

I remember that movie, umm I don't think I liked it as much as you did though, but what the heck....HEY SUPERMAN!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Bar Bar A said...

Glad you feel loved and cared for because you are. I have a three year old nephew...they are so dang cute at that age.

9:25 PM  
Blogger An80sNut said...

I actually liked the Superman II the best of the films. 3 and 4 were worthless and I'm sorry... the first film didn't have the same action. I wasn't so big on the "I've got no powers now" and "you will remember none of this now" crapola. You have great legs around you there, Vavoom. Not that I was looking or anything. You'll right yourself table and adjust your balance. 'Eye Of The Tiger' big guy.

2:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the line was "Oh, Superman"

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home