Thursday, November 17, 2005

My Achy Breaky Head.

I've mentioned before that my sleep cycle has been regulated. Well, as a result of getting a full 8 hours of sleep a night, I'm now waking up with excruciating headaches. Fantastic, huh?

What makes having a monster headache particularly fun is having to meet with collaborators and have a well thought out coherent conversation. The conversation went something like this:

C1: So, I think the variation in our signal is because of x, y and z.
V: Uh huh.
C2: Yeah and we're confident that our results tell us that blah blah blah...
V: Uh huh.
C1: Isn't that amazing?
V: Uh huh.
C2: So what do you think would be a good next step, Vavoom?
V: Uh huh.

God help me, I couldn't get more than an "uh huh" out. Now I'm off to class. I have a strange suspicion that won't get much out of it.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Your man in la said...

Your just need to take a different drug to mitigate the side effects of the first, etc.

Enjoy

1:16 PM  
Blogger LoraLoo said...

Are you sure it's because you're actually getting sleep? Perhaps it's a side effect you should talk to your doctor about.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Vavoom said...

All I know is that I'm now waking up with crazy ass headaches. I'm going to talk to the doctor about it tomorrow. Ouch.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Bar Bar A said...

Headaches are horrible...hope you feel better.

3:51 PM  
Blogger thc said...

You take one pill and it takes care of the original malady but there are side-effects. So you take another pill to remedy those side-effects, but they cause others so you have to get more pills. So what's the answer? Buy drug stocks!

9:18 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

I was just going to say what everyone else already said, see if they can change the meds.

11:27 PM  
Blogger An80sNut said...

Sounds like your body is adjusting to the new meds and abundance of energy. Sorry to hear that it's leaving you rather ineffective. Hope it all gets worked out. I wonder if there is a side-effect to what you are taking that may be listed online.

2:14 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I don't sleep and I get headaches. Maybe I just need to smoke the marijuana? Whatcha think, V?

I'll take uh huh.

3:43 AM  
Blogger Vavoom said...

jenn: Who's to say gettin' me irie isn't how they're regulating my sleep schedule? ;-)

8:20 AM  
Blogger Fred said...

Hope you get rid of those nasty things. Uh-huh...sounds like the reaction from my students when I asked them if they understood the outcome of The Hundred Years' War.

Maybe they all have migranes?

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home