Friday, November 11, 2005

Punishment.

Yes, I was randomly called on for a "chalk talk" at group meeting yesterday. This time, I was ready. I had planned out how I was going to present my work and all of the subsequent issues I'm having with my project. I laid it out logically.

Questions flew. I shot them down. It was fantastic. No matter how they nit picked, no matter what they did, I had the right answer. I doled out some added punishment to group members that hammered on me the last time I was called up.

I walked home with a little extra bounce in my step. I'm feeling confident, very confident. The more time I spend here, the more I realize that I can do this. I can't say this was the greatest victory I've ever had, but certainly it was pretty good.

I pose to you the following question -- Tell me, what's your greatest victory?

10 Comments:

Blogger Linny said...

childbirth...

it truly is a miracle that all involved survive :)

3:41 PM  
Blogger Bar Bar A said...

GOOD FOR YOU!

I think my victory is ongoing...the journey of being a single mom for the last 15 years...my son is "so far, so good"

6:45 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

I have four great victories. The first three are the beautiful (and difficult) teenagers that live in my house.

The fourth is the relationship I have with my parents. What a joy to have them in my life.

Sounds like things are going well. One step at a time...

8:52 PM  
Blogger Meow said...

My greatest victories are every time I go to a foreign country (and don't know the language) and come back without incident. LOL
Japan - Spain - France - Morocco and Turkey were not easy but I had so much fun and adventure and loved the challenge. Each trip is a special feat for me.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Making it through another day. Oh, and congrats on the chalk talk. We all knew you could do it.

10:44 PM  
Blogger An80sNut said...

A tennis tournament in Lake Havasu where I was unranked and faced the #1 seed in the finals.

Congrats, Vavoom! I think you may be seeing some daylight.

1:00 AM  
Blogger A Fashionista said...

Vavoom ditto
Looks like you may soon be seeing daylight.
Wassup
You never call....you never write?
I worry about you brudda
I need you to relax.
I want you to relax.
I want you to take it easy and not burn out.
Luv yuh
TTFN

9:26 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

Glad to see that things are looking up. I am not sure about the greatest victory, maybe for me it just is graduating college.

11:32 AM  
Blogger European said...

When I was about 7, there was this kid in the neighborhood that bullied me and my (mostly younger) friends. I overcame my fear of him and of confrontations, hurled insults at him, and then stood on his toes and pushed his shoulders so he fell backward.
No more bullying me after that!

1:33 PM  
Blogger thc said...

My greatest victory is passing the CFP exam. Mrs. THC's greatest victory is putting up with me for 19 plus years.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home