Monday, November 07, 2005

ZZZZZZ....


You normal people have it good. Really. This weekend I got 8 hours of sleep per night. 8 hours! I've never been so well rested. I'll remind you that I normally get 3-4 hours of sleep per night. The health clinic gave me some gangbusters good medicine that helps regulate my sleep schedule. Wow, you guys are so lucky to be able to sleep normally.

Before the weekend's begin I finally got my experiment to work! Yes!!! I've been fighting with this crazy ass project, tooth and nail. Finally I've got it going. Thank God.

In addition to all of that, my friends were visiting this weekend. That was, perhaps, the best medicine I could have taken. We scooted around Boston, visited some good bookstores, ate at fancy restaurants and had a good time in general.

It's been a while since I've been able to provide an upbeat post. Well, mark your calendars... today is the day. I can't guarantee that I'll be alright tomorrow, but I can promise you this -- today is going to be a good day. I guess that's the best any of us can do.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Sis said...

Hearing you say you are doing well is music to my ears. Not getting enough sleep makes you irritable, emotional, and less tolerable to stress. One can handle the daily grind of life better with a well rested mind. Congratulations on getting your project to work. I knew you could do it. You have an amazing mind.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Skewedview said...

WooHoo Bro Voom!
Good for you. Everyone needs their batteries charged up, even if it's only every now and then. Nothing like a great night's sleep (or weekend's) to help slay the dragons. Now for a good bowl of Fruit Loops!
Proud for you dude.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

Eight hours - wow! The most I get is six or seven. I don't know how you can do it on only 3 or 4.

Sounds like a great weekend, V. Plan more of them!

5:41 PM  
Blogger Bar Bar A said...

DUDE! SO good to hear you had a good weekend and some good sleep. And Congrats on your project working! Plus you hung out with friends. Awesome.

I understand the up and down syndrome so well, I am excited for you happy post. I will read you no matter what your moods.

P.S. I haven't slept without Ambien in about 6 years. That sucks.

9:40 PM  
Blogger An80sNut said...

I heard that Thomas Edison got by on very little sleep but then again he took a lot of naps (which could have added up.) But, I feel like everyone else here that you really needed that sleep and this is a good start to your recovery. Those brain cells aren't fighting against each other now. B) Congrats!

1:30 AM  
Blogger FantasticAlice said...

A well deserved weekend for a deserving man!

CONGRATS

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home